Tuesday 18 January 2011

The joy of reading


Reading broadens your knowledge by opening up the whole world to you. It can powerfully strengthen your imagination and your own ability to communicate.
I love reading. I have been reading since I can remember. I can´t live without a good book before going bed. While I´m reading, I´m visiting another country, a different period of time, or travelling across space.
Books have always been an inspiration for me. When I have a good book, I´m feeling like having a good friend. I´ve learned about different professions, grammar, geography and history from reading. I developed, also, my vocabulary.
Sometimes I re-read my favorite books. Reading them twice gives me chance to pay attention to different sections and experience them differently.
Even after a long day of reading difficult stuff for school, I can pick a good book and read it for fun and relaxation.
Sadly, nowadays, reading has plunged down. Dramatically. Books are not as popular as they were in the past. Most of people find reading a book boring or maybe even a work. They prefer getting entertainment from computer, TV, iPods…etc… I´m not trying to say that those things are bad, because they are useful and nowadays we can´t live without them. But a book is always a good break, and it can slowly become a good inspiration, or even a good friend. I think that reading takes us away from bad things that happen in our lives, and the joys of reading have to be experienced.
Doina Bectaras, 4 ´C´

1 comment:

  1. Your article expresses exactly what I think about reading. Whenever possible, I read in the evening instead of watching TV. It is always like a journey in mind: I catch murderers and other criminals, I suffer with beautiful women and I stroll through big cities and thick forests.
    It is cinema in my head, what much is better than pre-fabricated TV films.

    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete