Thursday 3 February 2011

I think I might like reading! - Bridgeen McLaughlin, Transition Year, Carndonagh Community School

I think I am a typical Irish student...a lot of students don't read in their spare time. I wouldn’t think of reading, even when there is nothing else to do. Overall, I don’t really like reading!...BUT...I have to go to the library once a week with my class and have to read a book for the teacher. I've discovered that I do actually enjoy it when I read a certain book. Our last book was called "Night World" which is about Vampires, but I didn’t start it until the night before it was due back in the library. When I did eventually read the book (some of it...), I really enjoyed it. I was glued to the pages and couldn’t stop reading the next day...I wish I had read the whole book before returning it, but we had to choose a different one.

I think if I was to accept that I do probably like reading, I would do it more often! I'm sure I would enjoy books, I just don't think I'm at the stage of definitely liking to read yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment