Monday 6 December 2010

"Heidi" - Book Review by Echo McNally

Name of Book: 'Heidi'
Name of Author: Johanna Spyri
Number of pages: 182

How long did it take you to read?
One day
On a scale of 1 to 10, how much did you enjoy this book? 6

What was the book about?

...a little girl called Heidi who lives in the mountains with her grandfather. She lives a wholesome life with her goats, helping people whenever she can, including Clara, a girl Heidi's age who is disabled; an elderly lady; a grieving father...


What were the good points in the book?

It was a quaint, cute story and it took me back to my own childhood. I thought Heidi to be an awfully good role model.

What were the bad points?
Heidi's utmost piety did bore me a bit. I usually like a bit more of an action-packed plot and thought provoking theme to a book. I felt it was too 'sweet' for me at this age.

Can you think of another title for this book? 'Little Girl on the Alm'
New words: Fräulein (Miss)

Echo McNally (2C)

Carndonagh Community School

1 comment: