Wednesday 23 February 2011

Reading?...Not sure about that! (by Ruairi Hession, Transition Year, Carndonagh CS)

I don’t really read books...but I'll read if I'm forced! To me, reading means taking time out and sitting down with a book. I have realised though that I do actually read a lot throughout the day. I may not read books, but I will read computer game magazines, for example, or the text used in games. I also watch some movies with subtitles.

Another form of reading that is unavoidable is studying. I’m in Transition Year now, so I don’t do a lot of studying at the minute. But when I was in Third Year with Junior Cert exams coming up, I was studying like crazy, obviously involving a lot of reading. For the English Junior Cert exam I had to read a novel and a William Shakespeare play.

Reading is a great thing and I wish I would read more, but with all the distractions I never find the time...with TV, computers and gaming consoles, it's much too hard to stay focused. I may read more as I get older and need to increases my vocabulary.

That’s all I have to say. Hope it wasn’t to much trouble to read!

Ruairi Hession
Transition Year, Carndonagh CS

No comments:

Post a Comment